Emergency Medicine News takes Apex Grand Award for Excellence in the category of Magapapers & Newspapers for fourth consecutive year
Wolters Kluwer Health, a world leader in healthcare information solutions, is pleased to announce that 10 of its Lippincott Williams & Wilkins-published journals won 15 highly regarded awards in the 25th annual APEX Awards for Publication Excellence Competition. Notable achievements were awarded to Emergency Medicine News, winning for the fourth consecutive year, the Grand Award for Excellence in the category of Magapapers & Newspapers.
The 25th annual awards program recognizes excellence in publications work by professional communicators. APEX Awards are based on excellence in graphic design, editorial content and the ability to achieve overall communications excellence. Grand Awards honor the outstanding works in each main category; Awards of Excellence recognize exceptional entries in each of the individual categories. There were more than 2,400 entries in the competition.
"The annual APEX awards are a significant honor and we're delighted that so many of our publications have been recognized by their peers for professionalism and commitment to disseminating critical and current healthcare and medical news and information," said Jayne Marks, Vice President, Publishing at Wolters Kluwer Health, Medical Research. "We're proud of the exceptional work by these editorial and publishing teams, especially the Grand Award winners at Emergency Medicine News and Oncology Times, which won an Award of Excellence for its iPad app."
The awards for LWW-published journals include:
- Grand Award — Magapapers & Newspapers, Print; November 2012 issue
- Award of Excellence — Health & Medical Writing, "Diagnosis Deconstructed: Only Mostly Dead," January 2012 issue; "Diagnosis Before Arrival," June 2012 issue; "Counting Up: One, Two, Three, Four …" September 2012 issue
- Award of Excellence — Electronic Media, Electronic Publications—Oncology Times iPad App, November 10, 2012 and January 25, 2013 issues
- Award of Excellence — Writing, Writing Series, "The Cancer Survivorship Gap," September 10, October 10 and November 10, 2012 issues
- Award of Excellence — Magazines & Journals, Print, entire issue over 32 pages plus cover; January 2013 issue
- Award of Excellence — How-to Writing, "Bringing home effective care for the homeless," March 2013 issue
- Award of Excellence — Writing, Editorial & Advocacy Writing, "Healthcare delivery: Which way do we go?" September 2012 issue
- Award of Excellence — Health & Medical Writing, "Nursing's future: What's the message," July 2012 issue
Neurology Today (an official publication of the American Academy of Neurology)
- Award of Excellence — One-of-a-Kind Custom-Published Publications; March 7, 2013 issue
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (an official publication of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons)
- Award of Excellence — Covers: Dynamic Cover, September 2012 issue
- Award of Excellence — Magazines and Journals: Print over 32 pages, August 2012 issue
- Award of Excellence — Magazines & Journals, Electronic & Web; December 2012 issue
- Award of Excellence — One-of-a-Kind Publication, Print, entire issue, over 32 pages plus cover; March/April 2013 issue
- Award of Excellence — Magazines and Journals, Print, entire issue over 32 pages plus cover; July 2012 issue
- Award of Excellence — News Writing, "What you need to know about face transplantation," September 2012 issue
About Wolters Kluwer Health
Wolters Kluwer Health is a leading global provider of information, business intelligence and point-of-care solutions for the healthcare industry. Serving more than 150 countries and territories worldwide, Wolters Kluwer Health's customers include professionals, institutions and students in medicine, nursing, allied health and pharmacy. Major brands include Health Language ®, Lexicomp ®, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Medicom®, Medknow, Ovid ®, Pharmacy OneSource®, ProVation ® Medical and UpToDate ®.