Maximum refund guarantee, free tax prep for unemployed or those who owe the IRS
CompleteTax® online tax preparation and e-filing for consumers launched today allowing taxpayers to prepare and e-file their 2010 federal and state income tax returns, easily and affordably – in many cases for free.
“CompleteTax is committed to making sure that consumers have the highest-value choices they need to get their taxes done quickly, affordably and confidently – for our existing customers, as well as consumers new to doing taxes online and those switching from other online tax software programs,” said Gary Lundberg, Product Management Director for CompleteTax.
Giving Customers More
CompleteTax’s four guarantees – Maximum Refund Guarantee, Accurate Calculations Guarantee, Price Lock Guarantee and Satisfaction Guarantee – provide assurance that taxpayers are getting a dependable and quality online tax preparation product. In addition, for the 2010 income tax season, CompleteTax is offering taxpayers even more options to save on their income tax preparation, including:
- Free Premium federal online tax return for the unemployed. To lend a hand in tough times, customers who received unemployment benefits in 2010 can use CompleteTax Premium federal for free.
- Free Premium federal for those switching from other online tax preparation products. Taxpayers successfully importing their 2009 TurboTax®, TaxACT® or H&R Block Online® return to CompleteTax can use the CompleteTax Premium federal for free – adding even more incentive to make the switch.
- Free federal return for taxpayers owing the IRS. Customers owing money to the IRS can use any CompleteTax federal product absolutely free, helping to ease some of the pain of owing taxes.
- Expanded free online tax preparation for Basic customers. In 2009, CompleteTax offered both a free and a Basic product to file taxes online. This year, CompleteTax is now offering Basic for free, providing customers with more features and functions at no cost.
- New Premium MVP federal and state bundle. New for 2010 is the CompleteTax Premium Maximum Value Package (MVP), which bundles a federal and state tax return together to deliver the greatest value in one convenient package.
CompleteTax also continues to offer a Deluxe product, which is ideal for those who itemize their deductions, have investments or retirement income.
“Many people have had a rough 2010 and others are heading into tax season with some anxiety – including those who may owe taxes or who are unhappy with online tax software from other providers,” said Lundberg. “By raising the bar on value, we are making it easy and appealing for taxpayers to use CompleteTax and take advantage of all the great features we offer.”
Making Tax Prep Easy
CompleteTax continues to focus enhancements on making it even easier for customers to get their taxes done with:
- Step-by-stepguidance. CompleteTax walks taxpayers through every step necessary to prepare and file taxes online, including identifying the right credits and deductions to which the taxpayer is entitled.
- Exceptional support. New for 2010, CompleteTax customers can use Tax Hotline for unlimited one-on-one phone help from tax professionals for three months concerning any tax questions. CompleteTax’s Customer Service team is also ready to answer questions about online tax preparation and e-filing.
- Maximizing charitable donations. Taxpayers can help maximize their charitable deductions with CharityDeductions™ to make sure they are getting fair market value for donated goods. Most customers save $200 using this resource.
- Guaranteed accuracy. CompleteTax performs all necessary calculations and double checks for any errors and omissions in a customer’s return.
- Faster refunds. Customers can e-file their taxes online or print and mail their return. When customers file taxes online, they can receive their federal refund in as few as eight days with direct deposit.
“Each of these features is designed to make it easy for customers to start and finish their taxes quickly and confidently so they can get on with their lives,” said Lundberg.
Availability and Special Early Season Pricing
CompleteTax is available now at www.completetax.com. Introductory pricing through January 13, 2011 for federal tax prep ranges from free for Basic to $29.95 for Premium MVP. CompleteTax’s P rice Lock Guarantee means a customer’s federal and state prices are locked in when they register. Premium customers also can lock-in a free state tax return by registering by January 13. Free e-filing is always included for CompleteTax customers who file taxes online.
CompleteTax is the fast, easy and accurate online tax preparation software solution for taxpayers who want the confidence that their taxes are done right and that they’re getting the biggest refund. CompleteTax walks through every step necessary to prepare and file taxes online, including filling out all the right forms. With CompleteTax, taxpayers can either file taxes online (e-file) or print and mail their return. Learn more at CompleteTax.com and connect with us on facebook.com/completetax, twitter.com/completetax and youtube.com/completetax.
CompleteTax online tax prep aration and e-filing software for consumers is developed by CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business. CCH ( CCHGroup.com) is a leading provider of tax, accounting and audit information, software and services.