2011 Annual General Meeting of Shareholders of Wolters Kluwer held today
Wolters Kluwer, a market-leading global information services company focused on professionals, announced that the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders (AGM), held in Amsterdam earlier today, has adopted the company’s 2010 financial statements and has approved the dividend increase to €0.67 per ordinary share. Furthermore, Mr. B.F.J. Angelici has been reappointed as member of the Supervisory Board and Mr. J.J. Lynch, Jr. has been reappointed as member of the Executive Board.
In her address to the AGM, Nancy McKinstry, CEO and Chairman of the Executive Board, shared Wolters Kluwer’s 2010 financial accomplishments and the progress of the company’s 2010-2012 strategy Maximizing Value for Customers. The strategy is successfully driving the transformation of the business. Online, software, and services revenues represent nearly 70% of total revenues and Wolters Kluwer has a significantly increased global presence.
Ms. McKinstry stated, “Across all divisions Wolters Kluwer is investing in growth. We are building on the unique advantages we have as a company, including our strong global market positions, our deep content assets and our expertise in building software solutions that help our customers address their most pressing needs.”
Decisions by the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders
The shareholders of Wolters Kluwer were represented in person, by proxy voting, or by voting instruction, representing a total of 55.87 % of the total issued share capital entitled to vote.
- Shareholders adopted the 2010 financial statements and approved the proposal to distribute a dividend of €0.67 per ordinary share, a 2% increase over last year and therefore, in line with the existing progressive dividend policy. Indicating a strong belief in the future of the company, shareholders can choose between a distribution in the form of cash or stock as in previous years.
- Corresponding to the rotation schedule, Mr. B.F.J. Angelici was reappointed as member of the Supervisory Board for a term of four years. He has been a member of the Supervisory Board since 2007 and is a member of the Audit Committee.
- Shareholders also reappointed Mr. J.J. Lynch, Jr. as member of the Executive Board for a term of four years, which is in line with the Dutch Corporate Governance Code. Mr. Lynch, who was appointed to the Executive Board in 2007, has contributed significantly to the Springboard program and is responsible for leading Global Shared Services to a more expanded role within the company.
- Shareholders also approved the proposed amendment to the Long-Term Incentive Plan of the Executive Board.
Details on the agenda items are available on the company’s website, www.wolterskluwer.com.
Resources on the company
The AGM presentation of Ms. McKinstry can be found at www.wolterskluwer.com. In addition to that, other resources, such as the 2010 Annual Report which is also available as an iPad app, the 2010 Sustainability Report, and Wolters Kluwer’s Intelligent Solutions website and blog are available for further insight into Wolters Kluwer’s strategy, priorities, and achievements in supporting its customers to improve their efficiency and productivity.
2011 Dividend calendar
- April 29, 2011: Ex-dividend quotation
- April 29 – May 13, 2011: Choice period stock dividend
- May 3, 2011: Dividend record date
- May 13, 2011: Stock dividend ratio date (after the close of trading)*
- May 17, 2011 : Cash distribution payable
- May 24, 2011: ADR Cash distribution payable
*The stock dividend conversion rate will be set on the basis of the volume weighted average share price of the company during the period from May 9 up to and including May 13, 2011.
- May 11, 2011: Trading update
- July 27, 2011: Half-Year 2011 results
- November 9, 2011: Trading update
- February 22, 2012: Full-Year 2011 results
Full overview available at www.wolterskluwer.com
About Wolters Kluwer
Wolters Kluwer is a market-leading global information services company. Professionals in the areas of legal, business, tax, accounting, finance, audit, risk, compliance, and healthcare rely on Wolters Kluwer’s leading information-enabled tools and software solutions to manage their business efficiently, deliver results to their clients, and succeed in an ever more dynamic world.
Wolters Kluwer had 2010 annual revenues of €3.6 billion, employs approximately 19,000 people worldwide, and maintains operations across Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, serving customers globally. Wolters Kluwer is headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands. Its shares are quoted on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices.
Should you wish to change how you receive information from Wolters Kluwer, please click here.
This press release contains forward-looking statements. These statements may be identified by words such as “expect,” “should,” “could,” “shall,” and similar expressions. Wolters Kluwer cautions that such forward-looking statements are qualified by certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results and events to differ materially from what is contemplated by the forward-looking statements. Factors which could cause actual results to differ from these forward-looking statements may include, without limitation, general economic conditions; conditions in the markets in which Wolters Kluwer is engaged; behavior of customers, suppliers, and competitors; technological developments; the implementation and execution of new ICT systems or outsourcing; and legal, tax, and regulatory rules affecting Wolters Kluwer’s businesses, as well as risks related to mergers, acquisitions, and divestments. In addition, financial risks such as currency movements, interest rate fluctuations, liquidity, and credit risks could influence future results. The foregoing list of factors should not be construed as exhaustive. Wolters Kluwer disclaims any intention or obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise.