Newest Wolters Kluwer, CCH Solution for Top 100 Firm
Texas-based Weaver, ranked as the largest independent accounting firm in the Southwest by AccountingToday magazine, is the newest firm to implement CCH KnowledgeConnect – leveraging the industry’s premier knowledge management solution to connect hundreds of staff professionals in multiple locations. Instead of sorting through endless “reply all” email threads filling up desktop and mobile displays, all Weaver staff members at all firm offices now enjoy a more direct, internal message link to colleagues and subject matter experts – providing a better means of communication.
In 2013, Weaver also implemented Wolters Kluwer, CCH solutions to streamline its audit workflow and management processes. CCH is a part of Wolters Kluwer and a leading global provider of tax, accounting and audit information, software and services (CCHGroup.com).
“Not only were we looking for a better way for Weaver’s professionals across all locations to communicate with each other, but we also wanted our management team to have a better tool for managing the flow of information in terms of relevance, accuracy and quality control,” said David Rook, Partner-in-Charge, Assurance and Advisory Services for Weaver. “With KnowledgeConnect, all of our people have the same, instant access to our full knowledge base when answering questions for our clients. It also enables our professionals to be more proactive in posting new information while keeping track of information sources and boosting efficiency.”
Weaver, also listed in AccountingToday’s 2013 Top 100 Firms, operates in nine cities throughout the United States, including Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, Midland, Odessa and San Antonio, Texas, as well as Denver and Stamford, Conn.
“Listening to feedback and providing solutions for meeting our customers’ needs is pivotal for how we help firms of all sizes connect, collaborate and grow,” said Linda Kelly, Vice President of Software Product Management for Wolters Kluwer, CCH. “KnowledgeConnect is a perfect fit for Weaver’s entire team – securely centralizing and sharing critical firm information along with the ability to integrate with their other Wolters Kluwer solutions to maximize efficiency.”
With the ability to securely access firm information wherever and whenever answers are needed, KnowledgeConnect serves as an intuitive knowledge management system – turning information into a strategic asset by helping staff locate and benefit from documented tacit and explicit knowledge within an organization. Powerful search capabilities keep users, including staff and even clients, easily connected.
Whether working from a desk or on-the-go with a mobile device, KnowledgeConnect keeps tax and accounting professionals connected via secure Internet access to the specific information for making faster and more informed business decisions. Advanced features include:
- Powerful search capabilities – KnowledgeConnect helps employees quickly locate the right answers and then rate their accuracy, quality and usefulness so that the best answers are promoted for firm-wide use. The solution also integrates an organization’s internal knowledge with information in other Wolters Kluwer, CCH firm solutions, including ProSystem fx® Document, IntelliConnect® and the CCH Support Knowledgebase.
- Social look and feel – Interactive communities provide easy organization-wide collaboration, including satellite offices and remote employees. Email notifications, wiki and blog options with added ability to tag favorite content provide a user experience similar to LinkedIn® and other social sites.
- Results-driven homepage – Upon login, there’s instant visibility to the newest information posted to the user’s areas of interest.
- Easy-to-use functionality – Users can set their own business rules, publish documents, FAQs, announcements, blogs, best practices and wikis, ask questions and fully manage how knowledge sharing best works for their firm.
- Return-on-Investment (ROI) reporting – Track how much time and money KnowledgeConnect is saving your organization.
- Furthermore, KnowledgeConnect archives firm content for future reference long after experts who contributed to the knowledge database move on from an organization – the information always stays within the firm.
Just a few months ago, Weaver also selected ProSystem fx® Knowledge Coach and Accounting Research Manager® (ARM) to strengthen its entire audit practice – also benefiting staff in all its locations.
For More Information
To learn how CCH KnowledgeConnect can organize, preserve and share knowledge throughout firms and organizations of all sizes, please visit the online information page, online product brochure or have a representative contact you with more information.
Originally founded in 1950, Weaver currently has approximately 500 employees and operations in Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, Midland, Odessa and San Antonio, Texas, as well as in Denver, Colo., and Stamford, Conn. Weaver is ranked the largest independent accounting firm in the Southwest by AccountingToday magazine. The firm is also ranked the 37th largest firm in the United States by INSIDE Public Accounting and the 42nd largest firm by AccountingToday.
Weaver serves a broad range of clients including public and private national and international companies, nonprofit organizations and governmental entities. In addition to traditional assurance and tax services, Weaver also provides numerous advisory services, including energy compliance and consulting; risk advisory; transaction advisory; IT advisory; financial institutions consulting; public company; and forensics and litigation services; as well as international tax; property tax; state and local tax; and wealth strategies services. Learn more at weaver.com.
About CCH, a part of Wolters Kluwer
CCH, a part of Wolters Kluwer (CCHGroup.com) is a leading global provider of tax, accounting and audit information, software and services. It has served tax, accounting and business professionals since 1913. Among its market-leading solutions are The ProSystem fx® Suite, CCH Axcess™, CCH® IntelliConnect®, Accounting Research Manager® and the U.S. Master Tax Guide®. CCH is based in Riverwoods, Ill. Follow us on Twitter @CCHMediaHelp. Wolters Kluwer ( www.wolterskluwer.com) is a market-leading global information services company. Wolters Kluwer is headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands. Its shares are quoted on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices.