Nursing made Incredibly Easy! Takes APEX Grand Award for Excellence in the Category of Magazines, Journals & Tabloids
Wolters Kluwer, a leading global provider of information and point-of-care solutions for the healthcare industry, is pleased to announce that 10 of its Lippincott Williams & Wilkins publications won 16 awards in the 27th annual APEX Awards for Publication Excellence Competition. Nursing made Incredibly Easy! won the Grand Award for Magazines, Journals & Tabloids.
Now in its 27th year, the APEX awards recognize extraordinary work by professional communicators. APEX Awards are based on excellence in graphic design, editorial content, and overall communications. There were more than 1,800 entries in the competition this year.
The awards include:
Nursing made Incredibly Easy!
- Grand Award: Magazines, Journals & Tabloids: "The Diversity Issue," November/December 2014
Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, published on behalf of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- Award for Excellence: Magazines, Journals & Tabloids- Print +32 Pages: December 2014
- Award for Excellence: Electronic Media- Video: "The Perfect Breast: The September 2014 Issue of PRS with Rod J. Rohrich, MD
- Award for Excellence: Social Media- Blog Content: PRS Resident Chronicles
- Award for Excellence: Social Media – Best Single Blog Post: PRSonally Speaking: "Twitter for Plastic Surgeons who are Too Busy to Tweet"
Neurology Today, published on behalf of the American Academy of Neurology (AAN)
- Award for Excellence: Writing Departments & Columns: Policy Watch: "Finally, A Permanent Replacement for the SGR Doc Fix?" January 6, 2014; "Medicare Advantage Loses Advantage: UnitedHealthcare Responds by Dropping Providers" February 20,2014; "Proposed 2015 Physician Fee Schedule Looks Neutral to Good" October 16, 2014
- Award for Excellence: One-of-a-Kind Publications: October/November 2014
American Journal of Nursing
- Award for Excellence: Health & Medical Writing: "Intimate Partner Violence in Rural U.S. Areas: What Every Nurse Should Know" May 2014
Journal of Healthcare Quality
- Award for Excellence: Magazines, Journals & Tabloids – Print +32: January/ February 2015
- Award for Excellence: Magazines, Journals & Tabloids – Print +32: December 2014
- Award for Excellence: Feature Writing: "Sexual Assault Can Happen in Your Institution: Are You Prepared?" May 2014
Emergency Medicine News
- Award for Excellence: Magazines, Journals & Tabloids – Writing: December 2014
- Award for Excellence: Social Media- Blog Content: "3 (Tough) Questions On…"
- Award for Excellence: Writing Series: "Unintended Consequences"
Journal of the American Academy of Physician Assistants, published on behalf of the American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Award for Excellence: How-to Writing: August 2014
- Award for Excellence: Health & Medical Writing: "Best Practices for Engaging Patients with Dementia" November 2014
About Wolters Kluwer
Wolters Kluwer is a global leader in professional information services. Professionals in the areas of legal, business, tax, accounting, finance, audit, risk, compliance and healthcare rely on Wolters Kluwer's market leading information-enabled tools and software solutions to manage their business efficiently, deliver results to their clients, and succeed in an ever more dynamic world.
Wolters Kluwer reported 2014 annual revenues of €3.7 billion. The group serves customers in over 170 countries, and employs over 19,000 people worldwide. The company is headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands. Wolters Kluwer shares are listed on NYSE Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices. Wolters Kluwer has a sponsored Level 1 American Depositary Receipt program. The ADRs are traded on the over-the-counter market in the U.S. (WTKWY).
For more information about our products and organization, visit www.wolterskluwer.com, follow @WKHealth or @Wolters_Kluwer on Twitter, like us on Facebook, follow us on LinkedIn, or follow WoltersKluwerComms on YouTube.