Oncology Times, Emergency Medicine News, and Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Took APEX Grand Awards
August 10, 2018 – Wolters Kluwer Health announced today that nine of its Lippincott healthcare publications won 11 awards in the 30th annual APEX Awards. Oncology Times won the Grand Award for Feature Writing, Emergency Medicine News won the Grand Award for Regular Departments and Columns, and Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery won two Grand Awards for Electronic Media and Social Media.
“CAR T-Cell Therapy: The New Frontier of Hope,” the Oncology Times article that won the Grand Award, covered a ground-breaking procedure that re-engineered immune cells for a patient with relapsed acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
Now in its 30th year, the APEX Awards recognize extraordinary work by professional communicators. APEX Awards are based on excellence in editorial content, graphic design, and overall communications. There were more than 1,400 entries in the competition this year.
The awards include:
- Oncology Times: Feature Writing – “CAR T-Cell Therapy: The New Frontier of Hope”
- Emergency Medicine News: Regular Departments and Columns – ER Goddess
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, published on behalf of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons: Electronic Media – PRS Journal Video Gallery—and Social Media – Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery on Facebook
Awards of Excellence
- American Journal of Nursing: Feature Writing – Can Your Older Patients Drive Safely?
- Nursing Made Incredibly Easy!: Editorial and Advocacy – The Faces of Heroes – and Writing Series - Risk Reduction: Intimate Partner Violence
- Nursing Management: Magazine Writing – Safety Solutions Issue
- Neurology Now, published on behalf of the American Academy of Neurology (Now Brain & Life): Feature Writing – The Art of Illness
- Nursing2017: Health and Medical Writing - Victims of Human Trafficking: Hiding in Plain Sight
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery - Global Open, published on behalf of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons: Electronic Journals
About Wolters Kluwer
Wolters Kluwer is a global leader in professional information, software solutions, and services for the health, tax & accounting, finance, risk & compliance, and legal sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with specialized technology and services.
Wolters Kluwer, headquartered in the Netherlands, reported 2017 annual revenues of €4.4 billion. The company serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries, and employs approximately 19,000 people worldwide.
Wolters Kluwer Health is a leading global provider of trusted clinical technology and evidence-based solutions that engage clinicians, patients, researchers and students with advanced clinical decision support, learning and research and clinical intelligence. For more information about our solutions, visit http://healthclarity.wolterskluwer.com and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @WKHealth.