OvidEspañol is accessible anytime, anywhere a user has internet access
Ovid, part of Wolters Kluwer Health and a global leader in the development and delivery of customizable research information solutions for the medical, scientific and academic markets, is pleased to announce the release of OvidEspañol, a Spanish-language search portal that allows healthcare practitioners, clinicians, students, and researchers to search, browse, and manage search results of core Spanish-language medical content.
“We’re excited to announce the most recent addition to our portfolio of local-language search offerings with OvidEspañol,” said Karen Abramson, President & CEO of Wolters Kluwer Health Medical Research. “OvidEspañol offers a robust solution for Spanish-speaking researchers, medical students, and healthcare practitioners who prefer to search in their native language. Information producers of original Spanish-language content, as well as English medical content translated into Spanish, now have an easy-to-use search solution to bring their content to a broader user base.”
Based on the same platform functionality as Ovid’s other local-language search portals, including OvidFrançais and OvidChinese, OvidEspañol is accessible anytime, anywhere a user has internet access. They can search and browse content by subject area, and perform other research tasks including:
- Enter search terms in Spanish
- Refine book searches by specific criteria
- Search multiple resources simultaneously
- Access a growing list of premium resourcesNavigate between the table of contents, chapters, and sections
- Email or e Email or export images from the image gallery to PowerPoint
- Capture key content by exporting citations to PDF
- For its initial release, OvidEspañol offers a selection of translated core medical titles from Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, including well-known titles in diabetes, psychiatry, gynecology, and general medicine, among other medical subject areas.
- Ovid is already well-established within the research community and known around the world for OvidSP, the industry-leading English-language online research platform that offers unique tools and features designed to maximize search precision and efficiency, and simplify and speed analysis and workflow—all in a simple, integrated and easy-to-use system. Ovid introduced its first local-language portal, OvidFrançais, in 2010, and announced OvidChinese last month. Upcoming local-language portals include Arabic.
About Ovid and Wolters Kluwer Health
Ovid ® is a global information solutions provider offering clinicians, professionals, students, and researchers in the medical, scientific, and academic fields customizable solutions of content, tools, and services that make research smarter, faster, and more effective. Ovid is used by the world’s leading colleges and universities; medical schools; academic research libraries and library consortia; hospitals and healthcare systems; pharmaceutical, engineering and biotechnology companies; and HMOs and clinical practices.
Ovid is part of Wolters Kluwer Health, a leading global provider of information, business intelligence and point-of-care solutions for the healthcare industry. Wolters Kluwer Health is part of Wolters Kluwer, a market-leading global information services company with 2010 annual revenues of €3.6 billion ($4.7 billion).