Wolters Kluwer Global Sponsor of Legal Innovation Community, #GLH2019
Thousands of professionals around the world are gearing up for legal innovation at Global Legal Hackathon 2019 to advance the legal industry worldwide – and Wolters Kluwer is at the center. As global sponsor of the legal innovation community #GLH2019, Wolters Kluwer Legal & Regulatory will align participants around a Global Legal Challenge to focus innovators on key issues and opportunities for corporate legal departments and law firms.
In a complex landscape, legal professionals globally experience challenges and opportunities driven by new technology, and evolving client and business forces. To inspire #GLH2019 participants to address the most pressing issues in the legal industry, Wolters Kluwer asked customers to identify their most significant challenges. Legal professionals around the world report their top five issues are:
- Tracking legal changes affecting the industry and the impact on the firm and customers;
- Providing relevant legal information connecting external and internal knowledge;
- Better understanding the impact of regulatory changes/events, particularly across multiple jurisdictions;
- Enabling small legal practices to compete with bigger players; and
- Crafting a winning litigation strategy.
Throughout #GLH2019, Wolters Kluwer’s Global Legal Challenge will help to focus teams on top challenges and opportunities and create solutions that deliver impact.
“Wolters Kluwer works side-by-side with our customers and other legal and technology innovators worldwide to co-create solutions that have real impact for professionals,” said Stacey Caywood, CEO, Wolters Kluwer Legal & Regulatory. “We’re proud to be part of this global community and thrilled about the new innovations we’ll create together as part of #GLH2019.”
How to Participate
The Global Legal Hackathon will kick off with intense 52-hour innovation sprints during Hackathon weekend (February 22-24), when thousands of people will work in teams to create technology solutions focused on improving the practice of law and access to legal services. Winners from the sprints will advance to the virtual semi-finals in March, and a final round and gala will be held in May with a judging panel of prominent industry leaders. With an open platform philosophy, the Hackathon is open to all, with no cost to participants. Participants from all backgrounds and industries are welcome to join.
Wolters Kluwer is global sponsor of the Global Legal Hackathon and will host or sponsor events at nine leading locations. Click below to learn more and register.
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands and Belgium (Benelux) – partnering with Dutch Legal Tech Community and Lawren.io http://www.globallegalhackathon.nl/
- Bucharest, Romania – partnering with Hristescu & Partners Law Firm https://globallegalhackathon.ro/
- Budapest, Hungary – partnering with KPMG Hungary https://hackathon.wolterskluwer.hu/
- Chicago area, US https://lrus.wolterskluwer.com/campaign/global-legal-hackathon-2019/
- Frankfurt, Germany – partnering with Reinvent The Legal Innovation HUB http://www.legalhackathon.de/
- Madrid, Spain – partnering with Universidad Francisco de Vitoria https://www.ufv.es/global-legal-hackaton/
- Milan, Italy – partnering with Partner BLB Studio Legale Law firm, Italian Ambassador of European Legal Tech Association (ELTA) http://info.wolterskluwer.it/GLH2019
- New York, US – partnering with Microsoft https://glh.hivebrite.com/events/14612
- Warsaw, Poland – partnering with PWC Poland and WKB Law firm http://legalhackathon.pl/
For additional information on the Global Legal Hackathon, visit globallegalhackathon.com.
About Wolters Kluwer
Wolters Kluwer is a global leader in professional information, software solutions, and services for the health, tax & accounting, finance, risk & compliance, and legal sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with specialized technology and services.
Wolters Kluwer reported 2017 annual revenues of €4.4 billion. The group serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries, and employs approximately 19,000 people worldwide. The company is headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands. For more information about our solutions and organization, visit www.wolterskluwer.com, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
Wolters Kluwer Legal & Regulatory is a division of Wolters Kluwer, serving customers around the world with expert information solutions, software, and services in the areas of law, business, and regulatory compliance.